Not sure if this is for a dialysis tech but a new 15 station dialysis clinic is under construction at the moment. An FYI for anyone interested.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
BIOMEDICAL TECH. - FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
LOCATION - Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Charlottetown
FULL-TIME PERMANENT (IUOE) POSITION
The Biomedical Engineering Technologist ensures the application of technology to client care is accomplished in a safe, appropriate and cost effective manner through the management and maintenance of patient care equipment, the support of Hospital staff in the selection, application, interpretation and investigation of the use of technology in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Job duties will include but are not limited to;
- maintaining and safeguarding electro-medical equipment of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and other facilities in the province on a required basis;
- maintains and safeguards various electrical and mechanical equipment and systems at the QEH including such equipment as; security cameras, nurse call, door alarm/monitoring, PA system, dictaphone, etc.
- completing electrical and mechanical repairs to electro-medical equipment such as electrocardiographs, electroencephalographs, laboratory analysis equipment, controls, monitors and sterilizers;
- negotiating and coordinating service contracts for the maintenance of medical equipment and systems;
- inspecting and testing newly delivered and existing equipment and carrying out routine and preventative maintenance according to manufacturer’s suggested schedules, hospital safety standards and universal codes. Troubleshooting in response to user claims of malfunctions;
- maintaining records related to labor, inventory, service specifications, equipment tenders, parts and materials required in accordance with corporate policy;
- circulating advisory and warning notices from equipment manufacturers to users as required
- conducting in-service training for staff who are directly involved in the operation of electro medical equipment;
- maintaining liaison with equipment and service representatives to ensure current awareness of design and maintenance development;
- Successful completion of a Biomedical Equipment or Electronic Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized institution.
- Considerable experience in medical equipment service is required.
- Must be certified with Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Society (CMBES) or become certified within 4 years.
- A working knowledge of medical terminology and physiology is required.
- A basic knowledge of microprocessor and computer based equipment with experience in software controlled data acquisition and processing equipment is required.
- Must possess technical skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and Windows Server operating system.
- A good previous work and attendance record is required.
The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory criminal records check prior to beginning employment.
Note: Preference will be given to internal candidates.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO MALE AND FEMALE APPLICANTS
Bi-Weekly Hours:75.0 hours bi-weekly - Days - Monday to Friday
Closing Date:Monday, March 7, 2011 4 pm.
Please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone (902) 368-4080